BAKERY ASSISTANT (TEMP)
If you love being surrounded by the smell of freshly baked cookies then this could be the job for you...
As we approach our busiest time of year, we are seeking to expand our team and recruit a full time Bakery Assistant to assist our Baking Team, primarily with the preparation of our sugar cookies.
- Preparing large batches of sugar cookie dough
- Hand-cutting sugar cookies to the highest standard
- Helping the baking team with the prep of cakes, brownies and macarons
- Helping to maintain the overall cleanliness & organisation of the production area.
- Ad Hoc help across the full bakery team
Who we’re looking for
With no two days being the same, you must be adaptable and positive to deliver our baked goods to high standards whilst maintaining food safety standards.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has a passion for baking, can work at a good pace, has a warm and positive approach and doesn’t mind the occasional team sing-a-long!
Previous experience working in food production or with cookies would be a bonus. Passionate home bakers are also encouraged to apply.
What we’re offering
- Salary: £10-£11 per hour
- Generous staff discount
- Staff pension scheme
- Company events
The extra admin stuff
- Location: Bethnal Green, E2 9LE (right beside the station, Central Line)
- 42.5 hours per week, Mon - Fri
- Start date: ASAP
- Contract length: 6 months (potential for permanent employment after)
- Applicants will be required to attend a trial morning or afternoon (no longer than 3 hours) to assess capabilities.
Want to apply?
If you would like to apply for this role then please email your CV and a cover letter outlining why you think you would be a great fit for our team to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any pictures of your bakes we'd love to see them!
If you don't know already, here's a little bit about us
We're a highly creative and energetic bakery based in the heart of East London specialising in hand iced cookies and baked treats that are guaranteed to put a smile on your face.
In just 5 years we’ve grown from a complete start-up to having built a loyal community of over 160,000 followers, delivering orders to tens of thousands of customers across the UK, working with exciting companies such as Meta, Disney, Marvel and Harrods (to name a few) and supplying wholesale items to major stores including John Lewis, Selfridges and Fortnum & Mason.